standalone Airline Transport Pilot Licence - ATPL (A) Theory
- Full modular ATPL (A) course
- For holders of a CPL (A) licence with an IR Rating
- Avaliable as Distance Learning course or Classroom
- Average duration: 4-8 months
- Average study hours: 330 (Distance Learning)
- Presence Learning Seminar: 120 hours (Distance Learning)
- Start virtually any time (Distance Learning)
- Weekend Classroom Course avaliable
- Books and additional teaching aids are entirely in English
- Seminars are mainly held in German. English seminars are held upon request and necessity
- Examination be performed in English
- Course material (books) and FOCA examination fees are not included in the course fee
The Distance Learning Course consists of 95 stages. A stage requires an average of 3.5 study hours. Considering 16 study hours (4-5 stages) per week, it will take about 4-8 months to complete the Distant ATPL standalone course. The Presence Learning Seminar covers 120 hours classroom instruction within a three-week period. Applicants are made familiar with the course and the e-learning platform by means of a two-hour introduction at Horizon’s premises.
If you opt for a classroom course, Horizon SFA offers weekend courses, which are scheduled on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is the only part-time study offer at this level, to prepare you for the ATPL theory examination.
Aptitude Test acc. EASA Part-FCL
Please note: Before you are eligible to start a CPL or ATPL course you are required to pass a PART-FCL aptitude test consisting of Mathematics, Physics and Algebra. Additionally we require proof of your english proficiency, please upload your certificate . If you do not have one, we will provide you with a link in order to assess your english level.