Aptitude Test / SPHAIR
The assessment procedure consists of tests in mathematics, geometry/trigonometry, physics, and algebra. Importance is also placed on a comprehensive English test. Furthermore, the HUPEX (Human Potential Explorer) test is a powerful, culture-independent PC tool for measuring situational awareness under stress.
Procedure and content of the Aptitude Test:
- The test in mathematics, geometry/trigonometry, physics, algebra and English are written on the computer via internet, while the psychologial test (LMI) and HUPEX is to be performed at our training centre in Kloten.
- For candidates aiming for a theory course CPL-ATPL (aeroplane and helicopter) only, a reduced Aptitude Test according to the rules set out by EASA part FCL is available.
- Medical examination; The required medical examination Class I is undergone at an Aeromedical Centre AMC. It is recommended to perform the initial Class I examination prior to training start.
- German knowledge: Our students need to follow some courses in German and we therefore require a German level of at least B2. This will be assessed after the Aptitude Test, during the training interview.
Procedure with an unrestricted SPHAIR recommendation:
- An unlimited recommendation from SPHAIR replaces the aptitude test according to Part FCL for becoming an airline pilot. In case your English level is found to be insufficient according to SPHAIR, Horizon requires you to take an additional test and pass at least level B2 according to CEFR. Please submit your entire SPHAIR report. Horizon SFA will get in touch with you in order to arrange a training interview (the interview will be conducted in German).